There are many weight loss diets spread to help you get your dream body shape. But what is the best way to lose weight without harming your health?
The principle of operation of each weight loss diet is more or less different. Some are based on a mechanism to reduce cravings, while others focus on limiting calories, carbs or fat. Let’s find out 7 weight-loss diets below to see where will be the scientific weight loss menu suitable for you.
1. Paleo weight loss diet
The Paleo diet focuses on lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and discourages processed foods, sugar, milk or cereals from the menu. Some versions of the paleo diet may include cheese, butter, potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Weight loss effect: Studies show that the paleo diet helps to reduce weight and waist measurement. Paleo dieters find themselves eating fewer carbs, more protein and less than 300-900 calories a day.
- Other uses: This diet is also considered to be effective in reducing cardiovascular risk factors such as cholesterol, blood sugar or high blood pressure.
- Limitations: The paleo diet eliminates whole grains, cereals and dairy products which are nutritious and good for the body.
2. Vegan diet and weight loss
Vegan diets completely eliminate animal foods from the menu for reasons related to ethical, environmental or health issues. This is the most rigorous of all vegetarian diets.
Vegans not only cut their meat intake from the menu but also remove milk, eggs, animal-based foods like gelatin, honey, egg white, casein, whey protein (whey protein). milk)…
- Weight loss effect: A vegan diet is effective for weight loss because it is low in fat but high in fiber, making you feel full longer. Vegans also maintain their weight and body mass index (BMI) more consistently than other diets.
- Other uses: A plant-based diet also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and premature death. Avoiding processed meats also helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
- Limitations: Due to the complete elimination of animal meat in the diet, the body will lose a lot of nutrients, including vitamin B12, vitamin D, iodine, iron, calcium, zinc, acids. omega-3 fats …
3. Low-carb weight-loss diets
There are many different ways to follow a low-carb diet, but the common point is to limit the intake of 20-150 grams of carbs per day. Low-carb diets do not focus on protein and fat content, but only on the amount of carbs that you consume.
When carbs are very low, the fatty acids are transferred into the bloodstream and into the liver, some fatty acids can turn into ketones. The body will use fatty acids and ketones as the main source of energy when carbs are cut.
- Weight loss effect: Many studies show that low-carb diets are suitable for those who are overweight and obese. Diet will reduce the amount of fat stored in the abdomen around the internal organs.
- Other uses: Low-carb diets also have many other health benefits such as lowering cholesterol, blood sugar, insulin and blood pressure levels.
- Limitations: Not everyone follows a low-carb diet. Some people who
follow this diet can cause bad LDL cholesterol levels to rise.
4. Dukan weight loss diet
Dukan high-protein, low-carb diets are divided into 4 stages: 2 weight loss stages and 2 maintenance stages. The time at each stage depends on the amount of weight you want to reduce and each stage will have its own eating plan.
The early Dukan diet will focus on increasing protein intake and adding oatmeal dishes. Other stages will include non-starchy vegetables along with carbs and fat. Then, at the maintenance stage, you will gradually reduce protein to ensure a new weight level.
- Weight loss effect: The Dukan diet is effective for weight loss by speeding up the metabolism, reducing the hunger hormone ghrelin and increasing satiety hormones.
- Other uses: Apart from weight loss effects, no other benefits in the Dukan diet have been reported.
- Limitations: Losing weight fast by restricting calories strictly carries a significant risk of losing muscle mass. When muscle mass and calories decrease, your body conserves energy, making it easier to gain weight again after you’ve lost weight.