5. Atkins weight loss diet
The Atkins diet is the most popular low-carb weight loss diet. You will need to eat more protein and fat while limiting carbs. The main reason that low-carb diets are effective for weight loss is to reduce cravings, making you eat fewer calories.
The Atkins diet is classified into 4 stages. In the early stages, you’ll start by eating less than 20 grams of carbs per day for two weeks. The following stages will bring carb intake back to normal until you reach your desired weight goal.
- Weight loss effect: The Atkins diet has been studied and shown to lose weight faster than low-fat diets. Experts say that this diet significantly reduces the amount of fat stored around the abdomen.
- Other uses: The Atkins diet reduces risk factors for many diseases such as blood triglycerides, cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure. Compared to other weight-loss diets, low-carb diets also regulate blood sugar, good HDL cholesterol, and triglycerides better.
- Limitations: The Atkins diet is safe for most people to follow, but in rare cases, you may still have some health problems.
6. HCG weight loss diet
HCG is a hormone that appears in high concentrations in the early stages of pregnancy. The HCG diet is a strict diet that helps you lose weight fast, up to 0.45 – 1kg per day. This diet can help boost metabolism and reduce fat storage without causing hunger.
The HCG diet is divided into 3 stages. In the early stages, you will start taking HCG supplements. In the second phase, you will begin to eat a low-calorie diet with 500 calories per day, along with the addition of HCG in the form of tablets, injections or sprays. The weight loss phase will last about 3 – 6 weeks. In the third phase, you will begin to stop using HCG and slowly increase the amount of food.
- Weight loss effect: The HCG diet does not cause weight loss. Many studies suggest that weight loss is due to an extremely low-calorie diet, not the hormone HCG. Moreover, HCG also has no effect on reducing hunger.
- Other uses: In addition to weight loss, the HCG diet does not bring any other health benefits to the body.
- Limitations: The HCG diet can cause muscle loss, leading to a reduced ability to burn calories. Cutting calories too much will further reduce the amount of calories your body burns. This diet also has many side effects like headaches, fatigue, and depression.
7. Intermittent fasting
Intermittent diets include alternate eating and fasting periods. Therefore, in some cases, this is more often seen as a diet rather than a diet. Some common methods used in intermittent fasting are:
Method 16/8: You can eat normally within 8 hours but then will completely eat nothing for the remaining 16 hours.
The Eat-Stop-Eat method: This is more strict because you will only eat one meal within 24 hours.
Method 5/2: On two separate days of the week, you will limit calories consumed to 500-600 calories. For the remaining five days, there is no need to limit your food intake.
- Weight loss effect: Research shows that this diet can reduce 3 – 8% of body weight over a period of 3 – 24 weeks, an impressive figure if compared to other weight-loss diets. Intermittent diets cause less muscle loss than regular low-calorie diets and increase metabolism rate by about 3.6-14% in a short time.
- Other uses: Intermittent fasting reduces inflammation, high cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar levels. Moreover, intermittent fasting also increases growth hormone levels (HGH), improves insulin sensitivity and enhances cellular activity.
- Limitations: Some studies suggest that intermittent fasting should be a weight loss diet for men, more appropriate for men than women. Some subjects should not follow this diet such as pregnant women, nursing mothers, teenagers, etc.
Any weight-loss method has certain advantages and disadvantages. The truth is that there is no “miraculous” weight loss diet that will help you lose weight quickly in one morning. Be alert to choose an appropriate weight loss diet combined with a reasonable rest and exercise regime to soon get rid of the concern about weight.