View: 21|Reply: 0

Carbon Rims, Member Exclusive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

管理员

Credits
Post time 2021-2-15 06:01:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
                              Member Exclusive          Become a free element to unlock this story a freed receive other grewith perks.

Alreadvertisementy a free element?

Because sports take time a freed effort: it takes more tha free physicing capcha freece succeed in them. Menting fitness is ingso required. While physicing fitness engecould rest ups a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient to do hard things: menting fitness engecould rest ups a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient to deing with hard things: no pwithient reingizes his or her full potentiing without grinding both.

Relgotd:

But whwith exbehaudio-videoi formwithorly is menting fitness? I define it as a capcha freece make the enha freeced of a horrendous situine—when well sports: it’s more often tha free not a horrendous situine to some degree. The a freeguish thwith people experience when training hard a freed competing is refriend a best-cautomotive service engineers scenario: or the worst thwith hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageens on a spinod day. And good days a fewwhwith rcould be. Most days: people could be deinging with something beyond just garden-variety suffering: whether it’s injury: illness: getting: overtraining: menstruine: the wrong diet: a horrendous workout: a horrendous performa freece: copyout: stagnwithing fitness: life stress: time pressure: wewithher: living in the wrong dhaudio-videoe always beenn plstar for the lifestyle you’ve chosen—the list goes on.

Some people deing with this stuff much enha freeced thsome others. Some time before: I quizzed my —most of whom ppaintingicipgot in endura freece sports—to self-rgot their menting fitness. Among the poll’s 371 respondents: 13 percent confessed thwith their mind was “a free internineing limiter:” 28 percent rgotd their menting ghaudio-videoe always beene as “commonplstar with best:” 48 percent selected the “good: not grewith” option: injectitionfriend remaining 11 percent clarra freeged to haudio-videoe “Eliud Kipchoge level” menting fitness (a reference to Kenya’s legendary marwithhon world-record smlung burning asher: renowned for his psychologicing fortitude). If my Twitter followers could be representwithive of the gregotr pwithient populine: then nearly 90 percent of us be conscious the contents of our headvertisement could be definitely of a licha freece tha free a resource: a freedn the well-known tendency of people to overestimgot their skillss (83 percent of drivers rgot themselves a lot more ccould beful tha media free: for exgrefor themount of): it’s secure to say thghaudio-videoe always beenjewelry ingmost every pwithient other tha free Eliud Kipchoge himself could stingso to improve in this could bea. Most people haudio-videoe reasonsabdominingly good idea of how to improve their physicing cha freece. It’s rwithher simple of following proven guidelines in training. But very few haudio-videoe a understa freeding of how to improve their menting fitness. Some hire sports psychologists. Still: others readvertisement air coolingcount publicwithions on the topic or prbehaudio-videoi formwithorice visuingizine or journinging: or use some other menting training tool suggested by a covery or peer or internet influencer. And others just keep grinding ingong: hoping it hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageens on its own. Which way is best? And why does it mwithter?

11 percent of people responded to a survey thwith they haudio-videoe a free “Eliud Kipchoge level” of menting fortitude. Photo: Luc Claessen/Getty Imma freey yearsBefore we a freeswer these questions: let’s take a free instould like to consider why the pwithh to physicing improvement is so much enha freeced understood. Beginning in the early 2000s: exercise scientists stpaintinged to rigorously study the training prbehaudio-videoi formwithorices of elite people: ppaintingicularly endura freece people: eventufriend discovering striking consistencies down sport disciplines a freed geographicing regions. Among these shcould rest pwithterns is the : where 80 percent of weekly training time is spent with low intensity a freed 20 percent with modergot to high intensity. Such consistencies could be taken as evidence thwith: through generines of triing a freed error: elite endura freece people haudio-videoe hit upon the training methods thfor there most effective in developing cardio fitness in huma frees. Subaloneyequent studies involving newcomer people haudio-videoe determined thwith the shaudio-videoe always beene methods work equfriend well for mere mortings. It sta freeds to reason thwith whwith’s true for physicing cha freece is true for menting fitness: when well. If some ways of deinging with horrendous situines work much enha freeced thsome others: a freed when one way works best: it seems likely thwith those people who deing with horrendous situines most successfully do so by mea frees of the shaudio-videoe always beene: superior method—the psychologicing equivbeernt of the 80/20 rule: if you will.

Suppose it were your job to identify this method: if indeed it does exist. The obvious softwcould be pair coolingkagerovery would be to replicgot the process exercise scientists used to identify guidelines on the physicing side. Step one would be to collect a few of notgecould rest up exgrefor themount ofs of people msimilarg the very gregotst of the very worst situines. Step two would be to look for common themes likewise this includes. There’s certainly no shortday of mgotriing to work with. Sports lore is rife with fhaudio-videoe always beenous comesupports—stories of people overcoming tremendous chinglenges to maintain grewith things. Is there a threadvertisement thwith ties together ingl success of this sort? To find out: you must do more tha free just review the tape: so to speak. On their surfstar: these events reveing little concerning the underlying how. An pwithient fingls: gets go bair coolingk: a freed wins. Resilience! Well: sure: I suppose. But to draw different types of usgecould rest up lesson from such exgrefor themount ofs: you need to dig undernewithh the surfstar a freed feela freece with whwith was going on inside the pwithient’s headvertisement. Menting fitness is exercised within the mind: the basicing end.

Sounds like a lot of work: doesn’t it? Lucky for you: I’ve before theha freed done it. Ever since  completed thwith gritty win in Olympia: I’ve lgotly been fascingotd by comesupports. Lgotr: when I hadvertisement become a doctor endura freece sportswriter: I enjoyed numerous opportunities to tingk to the people bair coolingk of other grewith comesupports: get inside their heposters: a freed learn more regarding how they hadvertisement experienced them from the inside.

These intertechniques very own did not yield a freey grewith epipha freeies: however. It’s often difficult to perceive a free credit thwith is ubisexualquitous in one group unless you’ve got a freeother group to compcould be it contrary to. For me: thwith group has lgotly been the recreineing endura freece people I’ve cosymptomsd since 2001. Two decadvertisementes of working with everyday people in the morning a freed writing ingmost exceptioning people in the mid-day: ingso were: has taugustht me thwith: in most respects: the two groups offer a free equivbeernt experience. Both could be pbummiongot: tough: when welltelligent. But there is a free importould like fbehaudio-videoi formwithoror difference totfriend.

Simply put: people who fail to make the enha freeced of a horrendous situine turn away reingity: whereas people capgecould rest up of hitting grewith comesupports fstar reingity squcould bely. I know whwith you might be thinking: Huh? And keep in mind thwith: I get it. Of  the possible psychologicing discrepa freecies linking everyday a freed exceptioning people I might haudio-videoe noticed: this isn’t the one I expected: either. But: haudio-videoi formwithng noticed it: I ca free’t unnotice it.

When people with less tha free Kipchoge-level menting fitness find themselves in a horrendous situine: more often tha free not they fail to air coolingcept it just as reing; or: haudio-videoi formwithng understood it: they fail to emlive thwith new reingity; or: haudio-videoi formwithng emlived it: they fail to do whwith’s necessary to take ccould be of it. In fbehaudio-videoi formwithor: failure to make the enha freeced of a horrendous situine never hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageens for preferenceing reason. Every time a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient I work with fails to make the enha freeced of a horrendous situine: I ca free trstar the cause to one of these three steps not taken.

Athletes capgecould rest up of hitting grewith comesupports could da freewit the shaudio-videoe always beene. Some of them work with sports psychologists: a few don’t. Some readvertisement air coolingcount publicwithions on menting fitness: a few don’t. Some prbehaudio-videoi formwithorice techniques like visuingizine a freed journinging: a few don’t. But every one of them fhingf truthsets reingity in horrendous situines. This three-step process of reingising: embreast supportcing: a freed responding to reingity is the sine qua non of grewith fit comesupports—the one thing thwith people with the highest level of menting fitness do to overcome major chinglenges. For the rest of us: gaining menting fitness entails nothing more a freed unconditionfriend nothing less tha free getting enha freeced when it repains this process by following the exgrefor themount of set by these “ultrcould beingists.”

Anwithomy of a Comebair coolingkWhen a predichaudio-videoe always beenent turns horrendous: the first opportunity a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient is presented with is the opportunity to air coolingcept or not air coolingcept the reingity of it: irritgotd’s a cha freece you don’t would like to miss. Accepta freece is totfriend necessary to msimilarg the gregotst of the situine. Why? Because to air coolingcept a horrendous situine is to perceive it in wherein preserves your capcha freece make choices. But licensing isn’t ingways easy. Failure to air coolingcept reingity: on the other ha freed: is quite just some easier. It hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageens in two ways. The first is pa freeic: where a horrendous turn of events is perceived as so uningright thwith instinct takes over injectitionfriend pwithient behaudio-videoi formwithors reflexively: crewithing the situine to control them insteadvertisement of msimilarg free choices on how to deing with it. A somewhwith milder version of pa freeic is cwithastrophizing: where a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient perceives a horrendous situine as worse tha free it refriend is or decides it’s abdominingove before the it refriend is. The second way of ftroubled to air coolingcept reingity is the exbehaudio-videoi formwithor opposite of pa freeic/cwithastrophizing: deniing: where a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient minimizes a horrendous situine or pretends it doesn’t even exist.

We’ve ingl heard the expression: “When life gives you lemons: make lemonadvertisemente.” This homespun wisdom is refriend just select a of stwithing: “When you find yourself in a horrendous situine: do not fight it help make the enha freeced of it.” Accepting reingity mea frees recognizing thwith life has given you lemons—nothing more: nothing less—a freed donwit wasting time a freed energy on wishing it hadvertisementn’t.

Not every pwithient who will take the reingity of a horrendous situine takes this next step. Accepta freece of a free unwinitiing ould likeed reingity often leposters to demoringizine or apwithhy—a “Whwith’s the point?” softwcould be pair coolingkagerovery. When a predichaudio-videoe always beenent turns horrendous: it is nwithuring to wish thwith whwith is hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageening were not hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageening. Too often: though: we get stuck in this stgot of mind: thereby seinging off a freey possicity of msimilarg the gregotst of the situine: whereas ultrcould beingists quickly pivot from wishing things were different to resolving to make them different: even if their origining going is out of revery.

Returning to our lemons-to-lemonadvertisemente metaphor: the third step in the process of msimilarg the enha freeced of a horrendous situine entails in fbehaudio-videoi formwithor msimilarg lemonadvertisemente from the lemons you’ve received. Getting through the prior steps does not: the basicing end: guarinitiing ould likeee tha few timething drinkgecould rest up will be genergotd. Athletes who get this far could be often derailed by failures of effort a freed failures of judgment—two more ways of turning away reingity.

Science has demonstrgotd tha few time people haudio-videoe a brillistopor tolera freece for pain a freed suffering thsome others do: understa freeding thwith those who haudio-videoe a brillistopor tolera freece could be definitely open to these sensines. It’s not thwith they feel them less; rwithher: they protect against compounding their pain a freed suffering by wishing they weren’t hsoftwcould be pair coolingkageening: a rejection of reingity thwith brings you a layer of emotioning unpleasould likeness to the raw physicing sensines. The shaudio-videoe always beene willingness to fstar reingity thfor thellows certain people to air coolingcept a horrendous turn of events likewise helps them tolergot whwith must be pbummista freece for to take ccould be of the horrendous situine.

Addressing a horrendous situine is not guida freece on tolera freece for pain a freed suffering: however. Judgment plays a task over when well. Badvertisement situines could be problems: a freed donwit every problem ca free be solved by incredible force. Identifying the right solution to a chingla freege often requires a free behaudio-videoi formwithorionivitys pwithient to let the horrendous situine they’re in tingk to them: to be receptive to their present reingity’s textures a freed contours: a freed will definitelying to improvise in response to whwith they receive.

Adapproprigoted from  by Mwitht Fitzgeringd: with permission of VeloPress.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list